What is a cold email?
A cold email is an unsolicited email that is sent to people without prior contact. It’s like meeting a person for the first time. Cold emailing falls under email marketing.
Why is cold email useful?
Cold emailing is useful.
It makes approaching the audience easier based on age, job profile, geographical area and other specifications.
You can enhance your brand awareness by sending emails to the target audience.
Emails are convenient to forward and share. This means you have a better chance of increasing your reach.
Emailing is cheaper and faster than printed newsletters and ROI is easily measurable.
Who uses cold emails?
Cold emails are mainly used for these three purposes:
Here is why cold emails are crucial in Business development.
Cold emails are a great way to reach out to potential customers and make the first contact. Even if you do not get a lot of initial success, staying consistent with cold emailing will definitely help you in the long run.
How cold emails can be used for recruitment.
The most exceptional candidates aren’t usually the ones actively looking for new opportunities. However, it doesn’t mean that they aren’t interested in your vacant role. That means you’ll have to go out of your way to reach these individuals, typically by cold emailing.
Cold emails can give you a head start in networking.
It is a fact that networking is a powerful tool. Building connections with like-minded professionals, individuals, leaders can provide you with useful insights about future business prospects. A simple invitation to a speaking engagement, business lunch or other gatherings can help you build meaningful professional relationships.
How do you use cold emails?
Sharp subject lines are significant as they decide whether the person will open the email or not.
Keep the main body simple and to the point so that you have the full attention of your reader. Cold emailing mainly includes introduction, purpose and salutation.
Personalizing emails attracts people to open your email and actually go through it.
More than 80% of sales require a minimum of 5 follow-ups. So, companies make sure to follow up with people for a few times to make sure their message is delivered correctly.
Business executives know the best time of the day and best day of the week to send out their emails to get maximum outcome.
Here’s the list of 100 cold email subject lines for different purposes.
These cold email subject lines are for presenting offers to your potential customers.
1. Earn double points today
2. Feeling [Emotion] I can help!
3. Your free [promotion] is waiting for you
4. A complimentary upgrade with every purchase
5. Your all-access pass to our upcoming webinar series
6. I’m ready to listen
7. Come celebrate with us!
8. We’re saving a spot for you.
9. Professional development opportunity
These cold email subject lines are data-driven.
10. The real reason [X] needs [Y]
11. The data behind [event]
12. The tool 78% of managers want
13. The 12 reasons your email isn’t getting opened
14. Science says you’re more likely to buy based on these 5 factors.
15. 98% of moms want this for Mother’s Day
16. 5 tips, tricks, and trends to ensure fast growth
17. Our most complete guide to [industry]
18. What’s affecting [X] this week
If you want to make your target audience curious, these subject lines are for you.
19. Don’t miss out!
20. Quick question
21. What I found on your website
22. You were just matched.
23. Here’s your chance:
24. I wouldn’t ask if it weren’t important.
25. What are you missing?
26. I’d love to help you, [name]
27. These 4 brands have a story to tell.
These subject lines are based on pop culture.
28. What your business can learn from the royal family
29. Three clever marketing lessons from the Super Bowl
30. Go Spurs go!
31. 6 reasons you want Arya Stark on your [department] team
32. Business management fixer-upper, Joanna Gaines style
These are some of the most compelling subject lines in the e-commerce business.
33. It’s almost gone
34. I didn’t want you to miss out.
35. Don’t let FOMO ruin your weekend.
36. A [better/smarter/faster] way to [reach a specific goal]
37. Free shipping ends tonight.
38. Almost finished
39. Live training – starting now!
40. Don’t wait
41. Get our [X] package with purchase – today only
These are more personalized subject lines for cold emailing.
42. [Friend name] mentioned you
43. Our mutual connections at [vendor]
44. The [mutual group] LinkedIn group
45. A friend of [friend’s name]
These subject lines attract people based on the idea of making their life more comfortable.
46. Download our white paper
47. How we helped [customer] save $30,000
48. Try out my new custom font.
49. We just released new updates.
50. Offering a website audit
51. 100 cold email subject lines you can use
52. Help me help you
53. Learn to [talent] ridiculously well
54. Steal my marketing strategy
These subject lines are used if you want to flatter your potential customers.
55. Congrats on the promotion, [name]!
56. Your recent award
57. Saw you were mentioned in [media outlet]
58. Your role on the [nonprofit] board
59. Your presentation at [conference]
Cold emails subject lines that have a personalized touch always gets extra points.
60. Quick question for you, [name]
61. Available to meet at [place]?
62. Buy you a coffee, [name]?
63. Have a minute for a survey [name]?
64. Hoping to see you at the conference, [name]
Keep your subject lines short and sweet.
66. Love your site
68. Hello gorgeous!
69. New bells and whistles
70. We want you
71. Don’t forget
72. Few things to discuss
73. Hi there
Attack pain points with these subject lines.
74. Boost your sales revenue
75. How we started [solving pain points]
76. Training materials for your [department] team
77. A faster way to handle [pain point]
78. Check that [boring task] off your to-do list
79. Spend less time [pain point]
These cold email subject lines are based on testimonials that will help you gain the trust of your target audience.
80. How Kate’s team saved $X with
81. Why your competitors chose us
82. 74.98% of small business owners prefer [X]
Question your potential customers to drive them to open your email.
83. Interested in learning more?
84. What’s your go-to technology?
85. How can I help [name]?
86. Want to boost your success rate?
87. Is it okay if I send you [offer], [name]?
88. Ready to ….?
89. Have you thought about [pain point]?
90. I’d love to hear from you?
91. Read our latest ebook?
92. Our trick to making your productivity?
93. Was it something I said?
Lastly, here are some miscellaneous cold email subject lines.
94. Recommended: this eCourse
95. Get to know [valuable member of your team]
96. This quarter in review
97. How X will change Y
98. We want to hear from people like you.
99. We’d love your feedback.
100. Make the most of your subscription.
So here is everything you need to know about cold emailing. Now let’s recap.
In this post, you learned:
What is cold-emailing?
Why is cold emailing beneficial?
Who uses cold emailing?
Best practices about cold emailing.
Now you’re ready to use cold emailing to target potential clients, customers or investors.